We live our values that guide our work.
Our commitment to our work comes from and is guided by values that stem from our various backgrounds, cultures and experiences; but most importantly, from our conscious beliefs and decisions about doing what is right and best for the communities we serve. These values provide a lens and reference for the way we act and work together—with each other and those around us—to create a culture of health where all people have what they need to be healthy and live their full potential.
We Are Accountable for
- We value and demonstrate respect, listening, and empathy
- We approach leadership roles as peers with other leaders, and with humility as learners
- We celebrate diversity and understand the complexity of identities
- We define well-being at individual, family, community, regional, and national levels
- We aim for resources, data, and power to be used equitably through inclusive approaches
- We recognize the tensions that used to divide us and now allow us to capitalize and collaborate using our strengths
- We understand history and culture to hold trauma with care and intention
- We reframe policies, systems and investments to hold ourselves accountable to a community vision of health and well-being
- We embrace innovation and risk as a means to further actionable change defined by and for communities
A Culture of Health is rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to generating a journey of health in communities across the United States inspired by community-led change. Creating a Culture of Health requires amplifying the power of community leaders to build capacity, achieve representation, collaborate with others, and hold each other accountable for our collective progress.
We believe dramatic shifts are needed in the ways our institutions prioritize investments and ensure equitable decision-making as a fundamental premise of our collective future. Our guiding vision is that communities and individuals are vested with the power and resources they need to be healthy and achieve their full potential by supporting community providers making change.
We simplify access to money and expertise for peer leaders in communities to increase equity in health outcomes
Shift Health Accelerator is led by Bobby Cochran, Jen Lewis-Walden, and Matthew Tinsley —Culture of Health Leaders (Leaders) with experience and interest in performance-based and social impact investment. Shift is advised by a team of Equity Advisors ensuring equity and our values are always front and center.